- 45 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
1 pound Beef Short Ribs
10 ounces Red Skin Potatoes, diced
2 ounces Celery, sliced
2 ounces Onion, diced
3 ounces Baby Carrots
6 cups Water
1 Tablespoon Beef Base
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 ½ teaspoons Coarse Black Pepper
½ teaspoon Dry Basil
¼ teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Paprika
Dash Cayenne Pepper
8 Chive Stems (for garnishing)
- Pour the water and beef base into the pressure cooker and begin heating.Add carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, basil, oregano, garlic powder,paprika, cayenne and remaining coarse black pepper.
- Sprinkle each beef rib with a portion of the coarse pepper. Sear.
- Add the seared meat to the pressure cooker, secure the cover on the pressure cooker and place the plug on top of the pan.
- When pin on the pressure cooker pops up, set the timer for 20 minutes.
- At the end of 20 minutes remove the pan from the stove top and remove the plug with a tong to do a quick release of pressure.
- While pressure is releasing, place butter in a small saucepan and melt; stir in flour and cook until the flour has browned. Use liquid from the pressure cooker and gradually add to the browned roux and cook until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Place one scoop vegetables in the center of the plate and place one short rib on top. Garnish with two chives per plate and serve.