About the Program
We are pleased to offer this program which provides support to South Dakota State University Extension Services such as Family & Consumer Science Educators, Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Programs, Food and Nutrition Programs and 4-H Youth Educators. Each year these educators have the opportunity to apply for funding which can be used to purchase beef in efforts to extend beef nutrition and cooking educational skills in their program areas.
Guidelines & Recommendations
- Deadline for the application is TBD.
- These funds are made available to purchase beef products to teach beef cookery, safety and nutrition.
- Only beef may be purchased with program funds.
- Beef that is purchased can be fresh or further prepared.
- Beef must be used for Extension Service educational projects only.
- Funds cannot be used for fund raising or social events such as BBQ’s or other functions.
- When appropriate and possible, we encourage the use of new cuts from the chuck and round, e.g. Flat Iron, Ranch Steak, Denver Cut, Delmonico, Boneless Country-style Beef Ribs, Tri-tip roast & steaks.
- Receipts need to be kept for every beef product purchased to verify the use of funding.
- The Expense Verification sheet needs to be submitted to Kimberly Wilson Sweebe, with receipts attached, by TBD.
- The Expense Verification sheet should include receipts with name of store where beef was purchased, cut of beef, amount, cost and Extension Service’s name. Original receipts or copies will be accepted.
- The money does not have to be spent all at once. Purchases may be made over the course of the year as long as all receipts are sent in by TBD.
- Any unused money must be returned to Kimberly Wilson-Sweebe by TBD to be eligible for future program funds.
*Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the ability to receive funds in the future.
Extension FCS Application
Want to enroll your students into the Extension FCS Beef program?
Material & Resource Order Form
Choose from our selection of brochures, posters, and more to help you get a jump start on beef education!
Verify your Extension FCS beef program expenses with this sheet and remit to Holly Swee.