Mini Meatball and Vegetable Soup
This soup is hearty and delicious. Mixed vegetables and mini beef meatballs make for a perfect casual dinner.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups frozen vegetable blend (such as green beans, corn and peas)
- Salt and pepper
Combine tomatoes, broth and 1/2 cup water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons water in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 48 small meatballs.
Add meatballs and vegetables to broth mixture; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.