SDBIC FACS Beef Program Guidelines and Recommendations
1. Deadline for the application packet is September 28, 2018.
2. These funds are made available to purchase beef products to teach beef cookery, nutritional benefits and beef cut utilization.
3. Only beef may be purchased with program funds.
4. Beef that is purchased can be fresh or further prepared.
5. Beef may only be used for Family & Consumer Sciences curriculum and if applicable, in conjunction with Agriculture classroom curriculum.
6. Funds can only be used in the classroom/lab setting. Funds cannot be used for school BBQ’s or other school functions.
7. We encourage lesson plans to reflect the use of new cuts from the chuck and round.
8. An expense verification sheet, with receipts attached, is to be submitted for the 2018-2019 school year to the SDBIC by July 31, 2019.
9. Receipts should include the name of the store where beef was purchased and school name. Original receipts or copies will be accepted.
10. The money does not have to be spent all at once. Purchases may be made over the course of the school year as long as all receipts are sent in by July 31, 2019.
11. Any unused money must be returned to the SDBIC by the deadline to be eligible for future program funds.
12. A new application must be filled out for each new school year.
13. Application form and guidelines are available on www.sdbeef.org.
*Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the school's ability to receive funds in the future.
Want to enroll your students into the FACS Beef program?
Material & Resource Order Form
Choose from our selection of brochures, posters, and more to help you get a jump start on beef education!
Verify your FACS program expenses with this sheet and remit to Holly Swee.